MONTENEGRIN DELEGATION CAME BACK HOME YESTERDAY FROM THE WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES
Vancouver for history
Yesterday Montenegrin delegation came back home from the Winter Olympic Games. Bojan Kosić, our first and single representative at WOG came back with suitcases full of satisfaction, happiness and pride.
Bojan, accompanied by selector Rajko Kosić and Chef de Mission of Montenegrin Olympic Committee Boris Sekulić, were welcomed by numerous relatives and friends, and applause of the present said more than any word. At Podgorica Airport our skier was welcomed by President of Skiing Association of Montenegro Vesna Medenica and President of Montenegrin Olympic Committee Dušan Simonović, who have left the Olympic Village after seven days due to other obligations.
Without intention of separating him from his family waiting to greet him, we asked Bojan about his impressions from this biggest winter sport event.
– Participation at the Winter Olympic Games means a lot to me. It will help me in my future work and obligation I will have to face in the future. Still, this is my first participation in such a great event so I believe it wasn’t bad at all.
One moment will stay forever in his memmory, and in the memories of all who watched that historical moment on TV screens.
– I have to mention that one of the most beautiful moments in my life was when I walked on the Opening ceremony holding Montenegrinflag.
As a reminder, Kosić competed in two races. In grand slalom he was 61 and in slalom, which is originally his discipline, he was 40. Placement, especialy the second one, is for every respect taking into consideration his age and ( in)experience. When he was leaving for Vancouver there were no announcements of any kind regarding results, the only promise he made was that he will represent Montenegro in best possible way with dignity, and so it was.
In four years time in Socci plans and expoectations will be completely different.
– I expect to be better in Socci and make better result. There are four years to go, there will be preparations for numerous competitions. I hope to have better placement there – concluded optimistically Bojan Kosić.
First man of the biggest sport instance in Montenegro, Dušan Simonović, gave the biggest score to performance of Kosić and stay of Montenegrin delegation in Vancouver.
– What else to say but fantastic job! We had firts participant at the Winter Olympic Games and impressions are only positive. I think that Bojan managed to finish both races in the right was thanks to his skills and heart. Probably he could do better but in this moment it seems enough. I really feel great, and I am trully sorry for not being able to be in Vancouver more than a week due to obligations, and I will regret for not seeing this historical race live.
President of MOC assured that we will be delighted in the future with Bojan.
– We will be with Bojan in many Olympic Games in the future. I believe that in Socci he will be the real one, because that will be the time of his full sport maturity. With good training, and his talent we believe we can count to have our representative in the magnificent top thirty.
We all believe!
There will be more like Bojan
Dušan Simonović is hoping that at next Olympic Games Montenegro will have more representatives.
– I believe we are on the right path, I spoke with the President of Skiing Association and we already started the story. We already start with preparations for next Olympic cycle and the Games in Socci. There are lots of talented boys and girls and I believe with hard work such as Bojan’s, we will have results too.
Vesna Medenica: Result above all expectations
President of Skiing Association, Vesna Medenica, said that Bojan did great thing both for himself and for Montenegrin sport, especially for skiing.
– Almost a month ago we sent Bojan to Vancouver full of hope and expectations, and he fulfilled all of that. The fact that Montenegro had its representative at the Olympic Games for the first time is big deal for skiing in our country and great obligation for us working in this field, to provide conditions so that Bojan could fulfill the quota and participate at next Olympic Games. All in all, his result was above all expectations, but obviously he could do better knowing his capacity and possibilities. I would like to congratulate Bojan, we will support him more than we did so far, both professionally and fiancialy and in any other way he expects from Skiing Association. I believe that in Socci we will have four competitors, and thas is sometnig that we planned.